Title:  Passing the Time

Author:  Froxyn

Show:  Doctor Who

Pairing:  Rose/Ten

Rating:  FRAO

Timeline:  A week or so after First Things First.

Synopsis:  The TARDIS needs repairing, Rose has other ideas.

Author’s Note:  Part VI in the Unlocking Secrets series.  Thanks to fairygothmum for the beta!

 

 

“Rose…”  The Doctor sighed, his voice echoing from underneath the console.  “I’m trying to work here…”

 

Rose grinned, sliding her hand up over his knee and causing him to jump.  Her grin turned to a grimace when she heard the tell-tale sound of his head smacking against the innards of the control centre of the TARDIS.

 

“Careful…”

 

“Careful?”  He grunted as he slid out, his screwdriver in his right hand and rubbing his forehead with his left.  “I wouldn’t need to be careful if you weren’t molesting me while I’m repairing the TARDIS.”

 

“Cranky Doctor…”  She chuckled softly and climbed onto his lap.  “Want me to kiss it better for you?”

 

He narrowed his eyes and regarded her closely as she curled her fingers around his tie.  “What are you doing?”

 

Rose sat back on his thighs and sighed heavily.  “Trying to seduce you…which is obviously not working.”

 

“Oh, no…it’s working.”  The Doctor disagreed quickly.  “It’s just…you turned me down a couple of hours ago, so…”

 

She stared at him incredulously.  “Of course I turned you down!  I was in the middle of being sick!  The last thing I wanted to hear was how turned on you were…and besides, me being sick?  That’s your fault.”

 

He gave her a smile as his fingertips gently stroked her abdomen.  “I would think that we’re both equally to blame for your periodic sickness.”

 

“Yeah, well…still, not a good time to be all…horny bloke-like.”  She grumbled half-heartedly.  “And I’m sorry I told you to fuck off.”

 

His eyes sparkled as he licked his lips.  “I’m sorry I told you that you’re incredibly sexy.  Well…no, I’m not sorry, because you are…so very incredibly sexy.  I am sorry I picked that particular moment to tell you so.  Even though you were, are…um…is it okay if I tell you now?”

 

“Mm-hm…”  She murmured, fingering his tie.  “Pretty sure I won’t yell at you this time.”

 

“You are, Rose.”  He breathed, sliding his hands up her thighs to her hips.  “God, you…make me so hard.  All the time…even when you’re in the middle of pregnancy sickness.”

 

She snorted a laugh, stroking his tie before tugging at the knot.  “Morning sickness.”

 

“What?”  He asked, thumbs slipping under the hem of her shirt as she removed his tie and dropped it to the floor.

 

“It’s morning sickness, not pregnancy sickness.”  She stated with a smile of adoration as she worked on the buttons of his shirt, sighing when she noticed the t-shirt underneath.  “And…I thought we talked about all of these layers you insist on wearing?”

 

“We did.”  He agreed, leaning forward slightly when she pulled his shirttails from his trousers.  “And you’re sick more in the afternoons, so…shouldn’t it be called ‘afternoon sickness’?”

 

She pushed the shirt off his shoulders and laughed softly.  “Call it whatever you want…just be glad that I’m feeling just fine right now.”

 

“Isn’t it…well, isn’t it a bit early for the, uh…the sickness part of it?”  He asked in a voice laced with concern as she ran her hands over his chest.

 

“Well, we don’t know how far along I am, do we?  I mean...we just know that the three tests you made me take came up positive.  And those can give a positive reading after two weeks.”  She raised an eyebrow as she grabbed the hem of both t-shirts he was wearing.  “Two?  Really?”

 

“I was cold.”  He gave her a crooked smile, lifting his arms so she could pull them over his head.  “Should we see a doctor?”

 

She threw the shirts over her shoulder and ran her fingers through his hair.  “I’m seeing a Doctor now...”

 

“Rose...”  He attempted to give an exasperated sigh, which turned into a soft moan as she ran her tongue along his collarbone.  “You...know what I mean...”

 

“If I say ‘yes’, will you just...be a little more cooperative here?”  She asked, pulling the button on his trousers free. 

 

“Maybe...probably, yeah.  Why am I the only one being undressed?”

 

She gave him a wink as she unzipped his trousers and reached inside.  He gasped as she slipped her fingers under the waistband of his boxers and pulled his quickly hardening cock out. 

 

“Because...I don’t need to be undressed for what I’m going to do.” 

 

His eyes darkened as she wrapped her fingers around him.  “And...just what are you going to do?”

 

“Make you scream my name.”  She answered with a cheeky grin, scooting back and straddling his left leg.  She lowered her head and flicked her tongue against the head of his erection.

 

“God...oh, Rose...”  He groaned, leaning his head back against the console.

 

“Not quite...”  She murmured as she placed a line of warm kisses down the side of his length. 

 

He gave a slightly strangled chuckle, his Adam’s apple bobbing as he swallowed hard.  “Rose...the floor – ”

 

“Is fine.  I’m fine...”  She interrupted, meeting his eyes as she flattened her tongue against the underside of his cock.

 

“Rose...”  He whispered, shuddering as she dragged her tongue back up to the glans.  “Please, Rose...please don’t tease me right now.”

 

Concern flashed in her eyes as she slowly stroked him.  “Is this okay?  I mean...if you don’t want me to...”

 

“Oh, I want you to.  I just...”  He lifted his hand and threaded his fingers through her hair, gently pulling it back from her face.  “Just leave the teasing part out this time?”

 

“Will you come in my mouth?”  She asked, a smile playing at her lips.

 

He nodded numbly, fingers tightening in her hair.  “Will you swallow it all?”

 

“Unless you want me to save a little for you...”  She replied, rubbing her thumb in small circles at the base of his cock. 

 

“Oh, fuck...”  He groaned deeply, arching his hips and sighing as the head of his erection bumped against her chin.  “Please, Rose...”

 

“No teasing…”  She whispered, just a millisecond before pulling the head of his cock into her mouth. 

 

She heard the distinctive sound of the back of his head smacking against the console and quickly lifted her eyes.  She slid her lips further down his length when she saw his eyes flutter close and his mouth open slightly.  And then she heard it, his deep growl combined with a soft groan of her name. 

 

She smiled inwardly and pulled back, only to immediately swallow him again.  His hips bucked against her and his fist curled against the floor next to his hip.  At that moment, she made a decision and increased her suction as she picked a rhythm guaranteed to make him come quickly.

 

When she felt his fingers tighten in her hair, she reached for his free hand…carefully uncurling his fist and lifting his hand to the side of her face.  Feeling her place his fingers in very specific spots on her temple and behind her ear, his eyes snapped open.

 

He shook his head and tried to pull his hand away.  “Rose…”

 

She held his hand in place and gave a light shake of her head, staring directly into his eyes as she paused her movements with her lips clamped just behind the head of his erection.  He licked his suddenly dry lips and took a deep shuddering breath.

 

“You’re sure?”

 

“Mm-hm…”  She mumbled around him, her eyes flashing a smile as he trembled.

 

He swallowed, eyes darting to her mouth briefly before returning to her gaze.  “You want me in your head?”

 

She nodded slowly, easing her mouth down a few inches towards the base of his cock. 

 

“I…oh, yes…that’s nice…so, so nice…”  He murmured, fingers twitching against her temple as he remembered something that someone else had told him a while back.  “I…want you in mine.”

 

“Hm?”  She questioned, furrowing her brow as she loosened her lips.

 

“God, don’t…don’t stop, Rose!”  He shook his head quickly, moving his left hand to the back of her head to hold her in place as he explained.  “The door…once open…it can, well…it can be entered from both, um…both sides…”

 

“Mm...”  She murmured, her smile showing in her eyes as she pressed her tongue flat against the underside of his erection.

 

“I…”  He moaned and raised his leg, gently pressing his thigh against her breast.  “I want…”

 

He trailed off as he shook his head and pulled his hand away from the side of her face, gasping as she gave a groan of protest.  “Not like this, Rose…just…

 

She mumbled around him and he gave her a small smile of understanding. 

 

“We can do the mind thing later, yeah?  Right now…”  He lightly bit his lip and glanced at her mouth again, the sight of his thick cock held tightly between her lips causing a groan to rumble deep in his chest.  “God, right now….just make me come.”

 

He recognized the muffled sound of his name and looked into her eyes. 

 

“I promise you, Rose.  I’ll give you whatever you want…you want me in your head?  I’ll be there.  But…not during sex.  I…please, Rose…please understand…”

 

He felt his panic subside as understanding shone in her eyes.  “I love you, Rose…oh, how I love you…”

 

He smiled as he reached between them with his right hand, cupping her breast in his hand.  Her soft moan vibrated against him as he gently rolled her erect nipple between his thumb and forefinger.  His tongue glided along his bottom lip as he bent his right leg, the sole of his trainer scraping against the floor.

 

“Harder, Rose...”  He whispered urgently, mesmerized by the sight of her mouth sliding up and down his erection. 

 

As beautiful as watching her as they made love was...watching her give him head turned him on even more. 

 

He realized that he had actually spoken that thought aloud when her eyes flicked to his and she gave him a wink.  He grinned as he stared into her eyes, moving his left hand from the back of her head to her cheek.  His thumb rested at the corner of her mouth, barely brushing his own hard flesh as she increased her speed.

 

“It’s true, you know...so...hot watching you.”  He murmured, groaning as she lightly scraped her teeth against him.  “God, yes...Rose...”

 

She felt him thicken in her mouth, saw the quiver of his abdominal muscles as he gasped...and she knew he was close.  She waited just a few more moments, timing her next move perfectly.   After all, he’d yet to scream her name...and that was what she wanted.

 

He leaned his head back against the console and allowed his eyes to close as he rushed towards his climax.  His fingers slipped back into her hair, curling the silky strands in his fist as he fought the urge to thrust into her mouth.  And then he felt it...her nails circling his right nipple.

 

“Yes...”  He muttered thickly.  “Oh...oh, yes...”

 

She smiled inwardly, sucking hard at his flesh as she raked her nails over his sensitive nipple.  She swallowed quickly as her name resonated against the walls of the TARDIS, his hips bucking as he came forcefully.

 

When his hand fell from her head, she pulled her mouth from his cock and moved up his body to kiss him.  He moaned into her mouth as he tasted himself on her tongue.  His arms wrapped around her, holding her where she was...knees resting on the floor, either side of his hips...as he slowly explored her mouth with his tongue.

 

When she pulled away in order to breathe, he smiled brightly at her and licked his lips.  “Rose Tyler, you are naughty...”

 

She carefully tucked his softening cock back into his boxers and refastened his trousers.  “Are you complaining?”

 

He chuckled softly, shaking his head as he tenderly brushed her hair back from her face.  “Not at all.  Not one tiny bit.  Makes me wish Jack would go visit friends more often, actually.”

 

Rose settled back on his thighs and traced his collarbone with her fingertip.  “What do you mean?”

 

“I miss this.  The spontaneity of making love with you.”  He leaned forward and lightly kissed her lips before continuing.  “I miss flying through the vortex and giving in to the urge...to push you against the nearest wall or bend you over the console.”

 

He smiled as her eyes darkened.

 

“And I miss you interrupting me while I’m making some repair to the TARDIS.”  He reached to his left and grabbed his discarded t-shirts, untangling them as he spoke.  “As much as I like having Jack around...it kinda brings spontaneity to a screaming halt, you know?”

 

She nodded slowly and sighed as he slipped the shirts over his head, one by one.  “I miss it too.  But...”

 

She watched him slip his arms into the sleeves of his button-up shirt and smiled, reaching out to help him with the buttons.  “We’ve made great use of the bed since he’s been around.”

 

He laughed heartily, his eyes sparkling as she flipped his collar up to replace his tie.  “Oh, yes!  I’m sure that I’ve spent more time in the bed in the last couple of weeks than I have in the past year.”

 

“Reckon he’ll stay for a while?”  She asked, tying the material and sliding the knot up to just below his throat before smoothing his collar down over it.

 

“Want me to ask him to leave?”  He responded as she fingered his hair, adjusting a few strands back into carefully-mussed place.

 

She thought for a moment and then shook her head.  “No.  We both like having him here...and you know that he’s not going to hang around forever, I mean...he’s Jack.  He doesn’t stay in one place for very long, so...we’ll just let him decide when to leave, yeah?”

 

“Yeah.”  The Doctor agreed with a smile, running his fingers along the outsides of her thighs.  “And...I should probably get back to work.  She’s getting a little impatient with me...”

 

Rose chuckled and kissed his cheek before climbing off his lap.  “We can’t have an impatient TARDIS, can we?”

 

“Nope...”  He responded with a grin, looking up at her as she stood.  “She gets too impatient, there’s no telling where she’ll decide to land.  She could very well drop us in the middle of the Krafayis Uprising...just for giggles.  Which wouldn’t be very giggle-worthy for us...could be interesting, but – ”

 

Rose rolled her eyes playfully and nudged his thigh with the toe of her shoe.  “Better get to work then.”

 

Without another word, he ducked back under the console.  Within just a few seconds, Rose could hear the familiar sound of the screwdriver...and the gentle words spoken in Gallifreyan as he talked to the ship. 

 

She smiled, glancing down at his untied, slightly grey shoe.  Untied shoe, untucked shirts...he was adorably rumpled.  Rumpled was a look he carried well...even better when she was the cause of it.

 

She stood and watched him for a few more minutes, sure that he wasn’t even aware that she was still in the room. 

 

And for some reason, she found that incredibly adorable as well.

 

* * *

 

Two hours later, the Doctor crawled out from under the console and smiled as he wiped the dust from his hands.  He stood up and lovingly caressed the coral frame of the console, just below the monitor. 

 

“Now, then...all better?”  His smile grew as the TARDIS hummed appreciatively in response.  “Right...where’s Rose gone to?”

 

He turned and slipped the screwdriver into his pocket before tucking his shirts into his trousers.  Tilting his head to the side, he listened for any sound of Rose...but, heard nothing.  With a furrowed brow, he made his way down the hall.

 

She wasn’t in the kitchen, nor was she in their bedroom, the bathroom, the pool, the dart room, the snow globe room, or in her old bedroom. He glanced in the wardrobe as he walked by, stopping suddenly when he saw her sitting on the floor. 

 

“Hey...”  He said softly, stepping in the doorway and leaning against the doorframe.

 

“Hey.”  She replied, lifting her hand and wiping her face before he could notice...she hoped.

 

She should’ve known better.

 

“What’s wrong?”  He asked, pushing away from the door and crouching down next to her.  “Why are you crying?”

 

“It’s nothing...”

 

“I didn’t mean to take so long with the repairs.”  He stated quickly with an apologetic tone as he ran his fingers through her hair.  “There was a bit more work than I was expecting.  A screw had sheared off...and funnily enough, my screwdriver protested a sheared screw.”

 

She looked up at him through watery eyes and raised an eyebrow.  “Your screwdriver wouldn’t unscrew a screw?” 

 

“Well, it was sheared...”

 

He paused as she laughed, smiling at the sound...even if it was a bit damp sounding.  “I had to program a new setting...”

 

At that, she laughed harder and reached for his hand.  “A new setting?”

 

“Yeah...623C, if you ever need to unscrew a sheared-off screw.”  He sat down next to her, lacing their fingers together as he placed a kiss in her hair.  “What were the tears about?”

 

“Really...nothing.  I was just thinking about things and...”  She sighed and turned her head to look at him.  “I’m pregnant, Doctor.”

 

“I know.”  He whispered, silently requesting her to continue with a concerned look.

 

“I’m happy about the baby.”  She said quickly, hoping to ease his concern.  “It’s just...half-human, half-Time Lord...which half is what?  I mean, will he have human aging or will he be five for like...two hundred years or something?”

 

“He?”  The Doctor asked, eyes widening.

 

Rose rolled her eyes.  “Could be a she, I just don’t want to say ‘it’.”

 

The Doctor leaned back against the wall, letting go of her hand and curling his arm around her.  “Well, it really comes down to whether there’s two hearts or one, you know?  And even then...his, or her, aging could be...not as slow as mine, but not as fast as...”

 

She met his eyes when he trailed off.  “Doctor?”

 

“I’m fine.”  He whispered, suddenly sounding anything but fine.

 

She replayed his words in her mind, exhaling slowly as she understood.

 

“Not as slow as yours, but not as fast as mine...”  She whispered, leaning against his shoulder.  “You still worry about that.”

 

“ ‘Course I do.”  He responded quietly.  “I think about it quite often.  I...sometimes I wonder if I really thought all of this through.  I’m fairly certain that I didn’t...I listened to my hearts, specifically the left one, more than anything else.”

 

When she sat up quickly, he tightened his hold on her. 

 

“That came out wrong.”  He sighed.  “I don’t regret this, us...the baby.  But, I don’t want to outlive you.  Either of you.”

 

“Well, maybe you won’t.  I mean, if the baby ages like a Time Lord...”

 

“I don’t want to outlive you.”  He whispered, sadness creeping into his voice.  “Sixty years isn’t long enough, Rose.”

 

“Maybe I have seventy left.  I could live until ninety, you know.  Maybe even a hundred...”

 

“The years pass so quickly, Rose...”

 

“Maybe...”  She bit her lip and then took a deep breath before continuing.  “Jack used to be mortal...and now he’s not.  He’s still human, but...he can’t die.  At least not for a long, long time.”

 

“That was because of you...when you looked into the heart of the TARDIS.  Your power brought him back...”

 

“Yeah.”  Rose nodded slowly and turned to face him.  “But, that power was inside of me.  Maybe...what if it altered me?”

 

“I took it from you.”  The Doctor shook his head.  “That’s not how it works.”

 

“You promised me forever.”  She whispered, eyes filling with tears. 

 

“Oh, Rose...”  He choked out and pulled her against his chest just as the tears spilled onto her cheeks.  “I’ll figure something out...I don’t know what, but...there has to be something, someone who knows...”

 

He pulled back and offered her a bright smile.  Boe!”

 

“What?”  She sniffled as he wiped her face with his fingers.

 

Boe!  The Face of Boe!  Legend has it that he’s a billion years old...maybe he can help us.”  He answered excitedly before kissing her lips.  “We just have to find him...”

 

Rose was quiet for a few moments before giving him a slight nod.  “Can we go to London first?”

 

“Yeah...why?”  He asked, pulling her onto his lap and moving his hands to her hips.

 

“I think we should see a doctor...find out how far along I am, how many hearts the baby has...”  She narrowed her eyes in thought as he smiled up at her.  “What happens then?  I mean...we can’t have a normal obstetrician looking after me and the baby if there are two hearts...”

 

“Then you tell me and I talk to some people I know and we’ll find someone you can trust.”  A deep voice sounded from the doorway.

 

Jack smiled, leaning against the doorframe, as both of them looked his way.  “And this is what you do when I’m gone?  Have sex in the wardrobe?”

 

“No.”  The Doctor answered quickly, carefully lifting Rose from his lap.  “We were having a discussion about...nevermind.”

 

Rose snorted as she stood and reached down for the Doctor’s hand.  As she pulled him up, she looked over at Jack and grinned.  “We have sex in the console room when you’re gone.”

 

Jack arched an eyebrow.  “Really?  You could do that while I’m here, you know.”

 

The Doctor rolled his eyes and shook his head.  “Fancy a trip to London?”

 

Jack thought for a second and then nodded.  “Sure, why not?”

 

Rose squeezed past Jack, glancing down at the bulge in his jacket as she lowered her voice.  “You should probably put that up before he notices...you know how he feels about guns.”

 

Jack gave her a wink and stepped into the wardrobe.  He waited until she had started walking down the hall before pulling the object from his jacket.

 

“Will this do?”

 

The Doctor took the cylinder and examined it closely, smiling as it emitted a soft green light when he twisted the casing around the inner core.  “Nicely, I think.  Thank you, Jack.”

 

“Hey, don’t thank me until the cannon’s up and running.  I’m just the parts man right now...you’re the mad scientist.”

 

The Doctor grinned and powered the cylinder down before pulling a trunk out from under a pile of clothes.  As he opened the lid, Jack narrowed his eyes.

 

“Aren’t you afraid that she’s going to find it there?”

 

The Doctor carefully placed the cylinder inside before tapping an object fixed to the lid.  “Perception filter.”

 

“Oh...”  Jack nodded appreciatively.  “Smart.  Clever...brilliant, even.”

 

The Doctor closed the trunk and pushed it back against the wall.  “I just don’t want to get her hopes up, that’s all.”

 

“Fair enough.  So...London?”

 

“Right!”  The Doctor jumped up and hurried past Jack, glancing back at him from the hallway.  “Rose wants to go see a doctor.”

 

Jack smirked as the Doctor ran down the hall, presumably in search of Rose before heading to the console room.  He looked down as he pulled another object from his jacket.  This one a small circular quartz-like medallion.  He wasn’t exactly sure what it did, but...he had a feeling that it could come in handy one day.

 

Maybe.

 

Allons-y, Rose!”  The Doctor called from the other room.  Allons-y, Jack!”

 

Jack heard the rotor start up and barely had enough time to grab onto something before the TARDIS lurched.  He laughed as he heard the Doctor singing to Rose as they travelled through the vortex.

 

Next stop:  London.

 

 

~ End

 

Return to Fic Index