Title:  Rainy Day

Author:  Froxyn

Rating:  FRAO

Pairing:  Buffy/Giles

Timeline:  Completely AU, but in my mind it’s around S5.

Synopsis:  Buffy needs Giles’ culinary expertise.

Author’s Note:  This is in response to a bunny given to me by 4thderevko (thank you!).  And thanks again to wyvernwolf!  Now, this fic was inspired by Rainy Day by Coldplay.  Lyrics and the song can be found here, if you’re curious.

 

 

 

Giles opened the front door of his apartment and smiled as he leaned against the doorframe.  “You knocked?”

 

Buffy flipped her wet hair back from her face and shifted the bags in her arms.  “Couldn’t reach the doorknob.  You gonna let me in or are you gonna make me stand out here in the rain?”

 

Giles glanced at the grey sky, chuckling as he looked back down at her.  Reaching out, he took one of the bags from her and stepped to the side, giving her just enough room between the doorjamb and his body to squeeze into the apartment.

 

He did his best to ignore the sensation of her hip brushing against him.  Clearing his throat, he closed the door and followed her through the apartment as she made a determined path to his kitchen.

 

“Not that I’m not glad to see you…and I do enjoy your company…but, what is all this?”  He asked as he placed the bag he was carrying onto the counter. 

 

“Well…these are groceries.”  She stated, shrugging out of her wet leather jacket.

 

“Yes, I can see that.”  He responded, peering into the bag and furrowing his brow.  “However, I’m not sure why you would bring groceries to my home.  I just did my weekly shopping yesterday…”

 

“They’re not for you.”  Buffy huffed and looked up at him, running her fingers through her wet hair.  “Well, not really…they kinda are, but they’re mine…”

 

Giles stopped digging around in the bag and met her eyes.  “Perhaps you should continue with your explanation?”

 

She sighed and leaned against the counter, gesturing to the bags.  “These are the ingredients for a dinner that I have no idea how to cook.”

 

He arched an eyebrow at her.  “If you don’t know how to cook it, how do you know you have all of the correct ingredients?”

 

She stared at him and then rolled her eyes.  “I do know how to read a recipe, Giles.”

 

His eyes twinkled with amusement.  “And do recipes not come with cooking instructions these days?”

 

Buffy tilted her head and smiled softly.  “I was kind of hoping you’d help me.”

 

“Help you?”  Giles questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.  “Help you how?  By cooking the dinner for you?”

 

“No…it’s written in English…that’s what I need your help with.”

 

Giles stared at her in confusion.  “You need help reading English?”

 

“Oh!”  Buffy blushed as she clarified her problem.  “No, see…it’s written in British English…and apparently you guys have different ways of cooking things than we do.  And it’s confusing.  So, I figured since you’re English and this is an English recipe…you could translate it for me.”

 

His confusion faded as he tried very hard not to laugh.  She rolled her eyes again and waved her hand at him. 

 

“Oh, go ahead…laugh.  It’s not as if you never get a good laugh at my expense anyway.”

 

Giles chuckled and shook his head as he began unpacking the bag he had carried in.  “I was laughing more at myself than you this time, love.”

 

Her eyes widened at his use of the endearment, but before she could say anything, he had asked another question.  Problem was…she wasn’t sure what he’d asked.

 

“Huh?”

 

He looked up over the rims of his glasses, a small bag of flour in his hand.  “I asked what you’re cooking.”

 

“Oh…”  She dug her hand into the front pocket of her jeans and pulled out a piece of paper, handing it to him with a smile.  “This.”

 

He furrowed his brow as he read the menu list.  “Buffy, you don’t need my help with this.  This is a very simple fish dish…”

 

“Yeah…fish I can do.”  She leaned over and pointed towards the bottom of the page.  “That’s what I need help with.”

 

“Spiced apple and pecan crumble…sounds nice.” 

 

Buffy nodded in agreement.  “Yeah, but…what the hell is ‘gas mark 6’?”

 

Giles chuckled and gave her a wink.  Buffy smiled and lowered her eyes, hopefully before he could see her true feelings in them.  They’d been flirting for a while now…harmless flirting that no one else really paid all that much attention to.  But within the past ten minutes he’d called her ‘love’ and winked at her. 

 

And that set her mind reeling.  She knew how she felt, and had assumed that his feelings were different, considering he had done nothing to make her think otherwise.  She had decided, after much deliberation, that there was no way he could feel the same about her as she felt for him.  She was trying very hard to let her romantic notions go, but found it very hard…especially when he smiled at her, or when he rested his hand on her shoulder, or when he gave a soft laugh, or…hell, all he had to do was breathe.

 

Buffy took a deep breath and buried her emotions deep inside.  And then she raised her head and met his eyes…and smiled back at him.

 

* * *

 

Buffy watched as Giles used a fork to mix the flour, cinnamon, and sugar into the butter.  She narrowed her eyes as she leaned against the counter.

 

“Wouldn’t that be easier with a food processor or something?”

 

Giles chuckled, shaking his head as he continued mixing.  “Of course it would.”

 

“So?”  She prompted, looking up at him.

 

“Using a food processor would take all of the fun out of it.”  He lifted his eyes and smiled warmly.  “Of course, there’s also the issue of me not actually having a food processor.”

 

Buffy rolled her eyes as she pushed off the counter and picked up an apple.  “Quarters?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Do you want the apples cut into quarters?”  She asked as she picked up a knife and started peeling the apple in her hand.

 

Giles thought for a moment and then shook his head.  “Eighths.  And then maybe…give the pecans a rough chop?”

 

She smiled and placed the apple on the cutting board, neatly slicing it in half.  “Sure thing.  You know…I really missed you.”

 

Giles’ brow furrowed.  “Missed me?  I haven’t gone anywhere in…ages.”

 

“Yeah, I know.”  Buffy sighed and deftly cored the fruit.  “You were here, I was here…but we…weren’t here together.  And yet…you still invite me over.  What gives?”

 

He added another pinch of cinnamon to the mixing bowl and shrugged a shoulder.  “It’s brighter when you come over.”

 

Buffy barked out a laugh and gestured towards the window.  “Yeah…brighter as in dark grey skies and pouring rain?”

 

“Grey skies accentuate the natural hues of gold and green…if you look carefully.  Rainy days are something to be cherished.”  He replied matter-of-factly.  “Besides, I wasn’t exactly talking about it being brighter outside when you come over.”

 

“Huh?”  She asked, turning to look at him, confusing shining brightly in her eyes.

 

He cleared his throat and placed the bowl on the counter before looking into her eyes.  “There could be the worst storm of the century happening out there.  Hail, raindrops the size of kittens, bolts of lightning exploding the trees along the streets…and the sun would still light up this house…if you were here.  And I do love it when you come over.”

 

When Buffy was rendered speechless, Giles smiled nervously and glanced at the bowl of crumble mixture.  “I, uh…there may be too much cinnamon in that…”

 

Buffy followed his eyes and took a step forward, reaching into the bowl and pulling out a small amount of the crumble.  She tasted it and nodded appreciatively as she plucked out another small clump and held it up to his lips.

 

“No, it’s good…see?”

 

Before he could stop himself, his lips pulled the mixture from her fingers…his tongue lightly grazing her fingertips as he did.  She shuddered at the contact and slowly dropped her hand, swallowing thickly as their eyes met.

 

“I, uh…”

 

The cinnamon was strong on his tongue, but she was right…it was good.  His brow creased as a thought occurred to him.

 

“Who is all of this for, Buffy?”

 

“Huh?  What?”  Buffy’s eyes widened as she tore her gaze from his moist lips.  “Huh?”

 

“This…the dinner, the dessert…who is it for?”

 

A rumble of thunder rattled the windows and she turned, ready to bolt out of the kitchen.  He grabbed her arm, stopping her escape. 

 

“Please, Buffy…tell me.”

 

“Why?”  She asked softly, lowering her eyes but not pulling from his grasp.  “So you can laugh at me?”

 

His heart pounded in his chest, for a reason that he tried to deny, and he swallowed reflexively.  “No…no, I wouldn’t laugh, Buffy.  I…”

 

She bit her lip as he trailed off, but kept her eyes lowered.  “Why do you want to know?”

 

He hesitated in his answer, and then decided to throw caution to the wind.  Where was caution getting him anyway?

 

“Because I’d like to know with whom I am in competition.”

 

Buffy slowly raised her head as his words sank into her brain.  “What?”

 

He lowered his hand from her arm and took a deep breath.  “Surely you could see where this has been heading for the last few months.”

 

“Giles…”

 

“I mean, I know that I’m not the most open person when it comes to my emotions…”  He gave her a soft, nervous smile before he continued.  “But…I thought I was fairly obvious about where I wanted our relationship to go.”

 

“Obvious?”  She shook her head and moved out of the kitchen, heading towards the living room.  “What have you been obvious about?”

 

He followed her, tilting his head when she flopped onto the couch.  He started to say something and then shook his head, carefully making his way to the couch and sitting down next to her.

 

“I…I’ve been waiting, Buffy.  God, so patiently I’ve been waiting.”  When she didn’t say anything, he sighed and looked into her eyes.  “You’re going to make me say it, aren’t you?”

 

“Yeah, I am.”  She whispered in response.  “Because if I make the wrong jump, I – ”

 

He cut her off with a kiss, covering her mouth with his as he lifted his right hand to cradle her cheek.  When he realized that she wasn’t kissing him back, he started to pull away.  His movement broke through her shock and surprise. 

 

Grabbing the front of his shirt to stop him, she pulled him back and thrust her tongue into his mouth.  She relished the taste of buttery cinnamon on his tongue…his soft, warm tongue that made no hesitation in sliding against hers.

 

Her fingers tightened, grasping the cotton material and pulling upwards.  She untucked his shirt as he pulled at the buttons, not willing to break the kiss as she pushed the shirt over his shoulders as it opened.   When his hands slipped underneath her shirt, his fingers caressing her skin, she pulled from the kiss and groaned his name.

 

He smiled as his thumb rubbed small circles against her stomach.  “Yes?”

 

She opened her darkened eyes and glanced down, whimpering softly as she ran her trembling fingers over the prominent bulge in his jeans.  “Oh God, please don’t tell me that we have to stop…”

 

His eyes glazed as she pressed her palm against his erection.  “I want nothing more than to take you to my bed right now.”

 

Placing his hand over hers and stopping her movement when she started to rub him, he shuddered.  “But…if this is not what you want – ”

 

Her eyes flashed with exasperation.  “You did hear what I asked you not to do, right?”

 

“Buffy…”  He started, stopping suddenly when she groaned in annoyance and pulled her shirt up and over her head, dropping it unceremoniously to the ground.  “Oh dear Lord…”

 

She unclasped her bra and let it fall as well, smiling as his eyes darkened another shade.  “Giles?”

 

“Oh…oh dear Lord…”  He whispered in a gravelled voice, his eyes drawn to her hardened nipples.

 

“You already said that.”  She whispered back, sliding her hand up his thigh.  “Normally that means something apocalyptic is gonna happen.  Is that what it means this time?”

 

In lieu of an answer, he stood up quickly and pulled her up with him.  She gasped as he picked her up and covered her mouth with his once again.  A groan rumbled in her chest as he thrust his tongue into her mouth.  Wrapping her legs around his waist, she couldn’t help but feel his hard cock against her.

 

With another groan, he slid his hands to her hips…holding her tightly against him as he turned and blindly made his way towards the stairs that led to his bedroom. 

 

* * *

 

He didn’t break the kiss…even as he climbed the stairs, lowered her onto the bed, and unbuttoned her jeans.  He did, however, reluctantly end the kiss as he pulled the zipper down…choosing to look into her eyes as he pushed her jeans and underwear down her legs.  He was looking for a sign to stop…just in case she changed her mind.

 

He smiled as the clothing was tossed to the floor.  Lust filled his eyes as he gazed at her nude body.

 

“Christ, but you’re lovely…”

 

Before she had a chance to respond, he lowered his mouth to her chest.  She gasped as lips caressed her nipples briefly before gliding over her stomach.  He looked up at her as he settled himself between her thighs and smiled warmly.

 

“Relax, Buffy.”

 

“I…”

 

“Ssh.”  He murmured, lowering his mouth and placing a soft kiss on her neatly trimmed mound.  “I’m not going to hurt you…I just…God, I want to taste you.”

 

“Giles…”  She moaned, sliding her fingers into his hair as his tongue gently traced her wet folds.  “Oh God…”

 

He looked up as her fingers flexed in his hair, smiling inwardly as he watched her attempt to maintain some semblance of control.  Determined to break through that control, he pulled her clitoris into his mouth as he pushed his thumb into her.

 

Her body tensed as her nails clawed at his scalp…but he didn’t stop.  Instead, he increased his pace…sucking her clit hard as he replaced his thumb with two fingers, curling them slightly to find that slightly rough patch of flesh that he knew would make her scream.

 

He found it quickly and relished the sounds of her heavy pants and requests for him not to stop.  When he felt her inner walls begin to tighten around his fingers, he made the decision to stop.  A decision that she loudly protested.

 

He smiled as he rid himself of his remaining clothing and leaned over to kiss her.  Her body was trembling with need as she returned his kiss, thrusting her tongue into his mouth as she lifted her legs over his hips in an attempt to draw his cock into her.

 

He chuckled softly as he ended the kiss and shook his head.  Before she could question him, he leaned over and pulled the top drawer of the bedside table open.  He rummaged blindly for a moment before grinning and pulling out a small foil packet.

 

Her eyes lit up and she plucked the packet from his hand, ripping it open as she sat up slightly.  “Let me…”

 

He was in no position to argue, moaning as she rolled the latex barrier over his throbbing erection.  She grinned as she laid back, bending her knees and opening herself wider for him. 

 

His eyes were drawn to her pink and glistening flesh, her clit swollen and red.  When he heard her whisper his name, he moved forward and guided his cock to her.  As he easily slipped inside of her, he licked his lips and met her eyes again.

 

“Buffy…”

 

Her hands grasped at his shoulders as he leaned over her, fully embedding himself within her.  “God, don’t stop now…”

 

The rain pounded against the windows as he began to move with slow thrusts.  Her hands slid to his back, her nails digging into his shoulderblades as she met each of his thrusts with her own. 

 

Lowering his mouth to her neck, he nibbled at her tender skin as his pace gradually increased.  When her nails raked down his back, leaving thin red lines in their wake, he bit down on her flesh, causing her to cry out in pleasure.

 

“Giles!  God, Giles!  Yes, oh…”

 

As much as he wanted it to last, he knew that he was in danger of coming soon.  It wasn’t that it had been a desperately long time since he’d had sex…in fact, only three months earlier he had met a woman at a bar across town and had taken her to an anonymous motel room.

 

But, it had been years that he’d made love with a woman he loved as desperately as he loved Buffy.  And for that reason, he knew he wasn’t going to last much longer.

 

“Buffy…”  He groaned, the muscles in his back trembling as he continued.

 

“Giles…so close…God…come with me…”

 

At the urgent tone of her voice, Giles momentarily lost his rhythm…but regained it quickly when he felt her inner muscles ripple against his thrusting cock.

 

“Christ!”

 

Buffy’s hands slipped down his sweaty back, coming to rest on the firm cheeks of his ass.  He groaned as she squeezed them…and then growled as she lightly slapped his left cheek.  He bucked his hips in response, eliciting a deep moan from Buffy.

 

“God yes…fuck me, Giles…”

 

His cock twitched at her words, and with a lustful grin he pushed himself up until he was kneeling between her thighs and complied with her order.  His hips moved of their own accord, slamming against her furiously as he pushed her closer to orgasm.   

 

Moving his hands to the backs of her knees, he held her legs up and widely spread.  He looked down at their union, groaning as he watched his cock, slick with her juices, slide in and out.  He looked back up and noticed that she had moved her hands to the headboard, wrapping her fingers around the spindles.

 

A sudden vision of her wrists bound to the headboard entered his mind.  In the vision, the scarf binding her ripped as she thrashed beneath him, allowing her hands the freedom to hold him as he thrust into her.

 

Suddenly, he threw his head back and screamed her name as his orgasm crashed over him.  She followed quickly, her hips bucking uncontrollably as her fingers threatened to snap the spindles.

 

He dropped her legs and slowly pulled out, rubbing the head over her quivering clit for a moment before he carefully climbed from the bed to remove the condom.  Returning to the bedroom after a few moments, he slid into the bed next to her and smiled as she automatically reached for him. 

 

His heart still pounded in his chest, and he imagined hers was as well…if the fact that she was still trying to catch her breath was any indication.

 

“You.”  She whispered, her trembling fingers lightly stroking his chest.

 

He arched an eyebrow, resting his hand on her bare hip.  “I’m sorry?”

 

“The dinner…it was for you.”

 

His smile grew as he leaned into her and kissed her softly.  He wanted to tell her that he loved her, but decided to wait until they’d rested.  So, instead, he pulled her into his arms, sighing as she settled against him and closed her eyes.

 

He listened to the rain and realized that the days that he had wanted his life to slow down were for this.  He just wanted to slow down long enough to hold her…to kiss her…to love her.  And they had…they had both slowed down…just in time to find one another.

 

He smiled and kissed her forehead before closing his eyes and allowing the rain to lull him into a peaceful slumber as well.

 

 

~ End

 

 

Bunny is as follows:

 

Buffy asks Giles to teach her to cook...something. For some reason...(author's choice). There has been some flirting and whatnot, but no relationship or "relations" as yet. But by the end...

Elements: some foodstuff eaten out of Buffy's hand - since Giles is already eating out of her hand, let's make it literal! Something rips. I don't care what ;)

 

Return to Fic Index