Title:  Busted

Author:  Froxyn

Rating:  FRM

Pairing:  Buffy/Giles

Timeline: Pick a season, or make it Post-Series.  AU.

Synopsis:  Buffy’s fears make themselves known.

Author’s Note: Album fic.  Song and lyrics can be found here.

 

 

Buffy shuddered when Giles walked into the room.  Seeing his amber eyes only cemented the fact that this Giles was no longer her Giles.  He looked around the room before meeting her eyes and running his tongue over his teeth.  He made his way over to her quickly, grinning as she pulled at her bindings.

 

“Did you do this for me, love?”  He asked, gesturing to the streamers decorating the walls before kneeling in front of her.  “You know I’ve never been comfortable at parties...” 

 

“Giles...”  She whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.  She jerked away from him when she felt his cold fingers caress her neck.  “Don’t...”

 

“This could be our place, Buffy.  We could be together in this life, just like we were in my first one.  Come with me, darling.  I don’t want to be here on my own...just as you don’t want to be out there on your own.” 

 

She swallowed the lump in her throat, the coppery stench of blood thick on his breath.  “You’ve fed.”

 

“Mm.  A few souls have come and gone, I’ll admit.  I’m only looking for one in particular, though.”  He leaned forward, ignoring the rattle of her chains as she struggled.  He kissed her neck tenderly, surprising her.

 

He smiled as he sat back, the demon’s visage being replaced by his human face.  “I’m still your Giles, Buffy.  See?”

 

She shook her head, her tears flowing freely now.  “Why me?”

 

He brushed the hair back from her face before wiping the tears from her skin.  “Because you’ve saved this world so many times...and I’ve no desire to see it end anytime soon.  We could rule this world, Buffy...you and I, together in a life of darkness that you’ve always craved.”

 

Plaster fell from the walls as the building shook violently.  The music from the party became louder, presumably to drown out the noise of the buildings crashing down on the next block.  He produced a key from his shirt pocket and inserted it into the lock of the shackles binding her.

 

“Help me save the world, Buffy.”  He whispered, staring into her eyes.

 

She broke their mutual stare and looked around the room.  People she had never before seen in Sunnydale were dancing to the music, seemingly oblivious to what was going on around them. 

 

“Will it hurt?”  She asked quietly.

 

He smiled and tilted her head back towards him.  “Only for a moment.  I’ll make it as painless as I possibly can...for you.”

 

“I loved you, Giles.”  She whispered painfully.

 

“And you will again, my darling.”  He smiled, kissing her lips before unlocking the shackles.  “We’ll never have the children we wanted...but, we’ll always have each other.”

 

Buffy closed her eyes as he moved his mouth to her neck, grazing his teeth over her skin as his cold hands slipped under her shirt.  She inhaled sharply as he unclasped her bra and tweaked her nipples between his icy fingers.

 

“Okay...”  She sighed, sliding her arms around his neck.

 

He smiled against her flesh, pushing her down to the carpeted floor and settling himself between her thighs.  He rocked his hips against her, pushing his denim-clad erection against her warm core as his teeth pierced her flesh.

 

* * *

 

Buffy jerked awake, her chest pounding as she bit back her scream.  The sudden movement jostled her bed partner out of sleep. His arms tightened around her, holding her securely against his warm chest.

 

“What is it, love?”  Giles whispered, brushing his lips across her ear.

 

She took a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself and then turned in his arms.  She saw the warm concern in his eyes, felt it in his touch as he tenderly stroked her cheek.

 

After a few moments, she swallowed and shook her head.  “Nothing.  It was...it was just a dream.”

 

“Was it?”  He asked, his brow furrowing when her eyes widened.  “Just a dream, I mean.  Or...was it more?”

 

“God, I hope it wasn’t prophetic!” 

 

When he felt her tremble in his arms, and recognized the tremble as one of fear, he reached over to his nightstand and turned the light on.  “Talk to me, Buffy.”

 

She held onto him tightly, her ear pressed to his chest...listening to his heartbeat as she relayed the details of her dream.  He listened intently, lovingly rubbing her back in a soothing manner as her tears started to fall.

 

He was silent for a while after she finished.  When she lifted her eyes to his and whispered his name, he offered her a gentle smile.

 

“I think it’s just your mind working through some of your fears.  Me being turned is as much of a fear for you as you being turned is for me.  The fact that we’ve been trying for a baby for a few months now...”  He ran his thumb over her bottom lip and sighed softly.  “It doesn’t mean that we won’t have children, Buffy.  It will happen, but in its own time.  It’s not something we can make happen.”

 

“It felt so...real.”  Her voice hitched with emotion.

 

Giles nodded and then brushed his lips over hers.  “Your fears are real.  Sometimes I’ll wake up from a dream and...all I can do is watch you until my fears calm.”

 

“You do?”

 

“I do.”  He licked his lips and took a deep breath.  “Being a Watcher...in love with and married to my Slayer...it’s not easy, love.  But, I knew that going into this.”

 

“So...you don’t think it’s anything to worry about?”  She asked softly, rolling him onto his back and slipping her leg between his.

 

“No, I don’t.”  He whispered, sliding his hand down to her hip.  When she shivered at his touch, he raised an eyebrow.  “Alright?”

 

“Yeah...”  She smiled and pressed a soft kiss to his chest.  “It’s just...you were so cold in my dream...and you’re so warm here.”

 

He gazed into her eyes for a moment and then gently squeezed her hip.  “Come here, love...”

 

Her smile grew as she climbed on top of him. 

 

At that moment, neither of them knew that this would be the night their daughter would be conceived.  But, they’d realize nearly eight weeks later.  And then Buffy would realize that her dream wasn’t nearly as scary as she had originally thought...because that was one less fear that she had in life.

 

 

~ End

 

Return to Album Fic Index

 

Return to Fic Index