Title:  Daylight

Author:  Froxyn

Rating:  FRAO

Pairing:  Buffy/Giles

Timeline: AU, but they’re still in Sunnydale.

Synopsis:  Buffy comes home at dawn after a middle of the night patrol.

Author’s Note:  Album fic.  Song and lyrics can be found here.

 

 

Buffy stood on a hilltop, brushing the dust from her hands as she stretched her neck to the side.  She winced as a loud crack sounded and then sighed in relief. 

 

“Well, I think I’ve done my duty for tonight…I even woke up in the middle of the night to do it…”  She picked her stake up from the ground and slid it into her back pocket.  “And now I’m going home.”

 

She made her way back through the town, smiling at the owner of a small convenience store that was near where the high school once stood.  He smiled back, but said nothing.  She looked up at the sky as she entered the apartment complex and sighed softly.

 

The sun was just beginning to rise, coloring the sky with oranges and purples.  She could already feel the heat starting to rise and was thankful, and not for the first time, for air conditioning. 

 

She dug her key out of her pocket and slipped it in the lock.  She let herself in as quietly as she possibly could…after all, she was sure that Giles was still asleep.  She checked the thermostat on the central air, smiling as she turned it down a notch or two before heading up the stairs.

 

The sunlight was just beginning to seep through the half-open blinds when she walked into the bedroom.  She glanced at the bed, looking over him as he slept soundly.  Her eyes focused on his left arm, which was stretched across her side of the bed.  In particular, she focused on his wrist…and the light bruise that encircled it.  He’d have to make sure to wear his watch over the next few days…or else a lot of questions would be asked. 

 

Or long sleeves, she amended as she saw his right wrist.

 

Her smile grew and, after fully closing the blinds, she shed her clothes and slipped under his arm.  He murmured incoherently and she placed a soft kiss on his warm lips.

 

“Where were you?”  He whispered sleepily, sliding his hand down to her hip and pulling her closer to him.

 

“I had to go out.”  She whispered back, running her fingers through his hair above his ear.  “But everything’s okay…go back to sleep.”

 

“Time?”

 

She smiled as his eyes opened.  Sunrise…and it’s going to be a hot one today.”

 

“Mm.”  He yawned and rolled onto his back, pulling her with him until she was nestled safely against his side.  “Good reason to turn up the air conditioning and stay in bed.”

 

Buffy chuckled, her fingers idly stroking the soft hair on his chest.  “You slept all night…”

 

A grin formed on his lips as he turned his head towards her.  “Who said anything about sleeping?”

 

She met his eyes, hers twinkling as she spoke.  “I guess last night didn’t freak you out too much then, huh?”

 

He arched an eyebrow and pulled her on top of him.  “It’ll take much more than a pair of handcuffs to ‘freak me out’, love.”

 

She gave a huff and shifted until she was straddling his hips.  “Am I ever going to come up with something you haven’t done?  And…by the way, you’re gonna have to wear long sleeves for a few days.”

 

He glanced down at his hands, which were currently massaging her bare thighs, and narrowed his eyes as he lifted his right to examine it more closely.  The bruise around his wrist was faint, but noticeable.  He smiled as he lowered his hand back to her thigh and looked up at her.

 

“I’m fairly certain that I can deal with long sleeves.”  He licked his lips as his hands moved to her hips, holding her to his quickly hardening cock.  “I’m also fairly certain that I’ve never enjoyed being handcuffed as much as I did last night.  It doesn’t matter what I’ve done or what I haven’t done, Buffy…the fact of the matter is, everything that we do is better…because I’m with you.”

 

She trembled gently and leaned forward, resting her hands on his chest.  “You…always know how to say the right thing.”

 

His eyes sparkled as he lifted her slightly.  “Tell me what woke you and insisted that you patrol in the middle of the night.”

 

She groaned as he carefully entered her, pulling her down until he was fully embedded within her.  “I…uh…Jesus, Giles…”

 

He grinned and tightened his hold, preventing her movement.  “Tell me.  It’s important that I document your patrols…”

 

“It can wait…twenty minutes…”

 

He chuckled and pulled her hips, causing her to rock against him.  “Perhaps…however, I plan on taking longer than twenty minutes.”

 

She groaned again and curled her fingers, scraping her nails across his nipples.  “Giles…”

 

“Tell me, Buffy.”  He whispered urgently as he began to move beneath her.  “Tell me what’s going through your mind right now.”

 

Sunrise…”  She whimpered, pushing herself up and placing her hands over his.  “You…love starting each day with you…”

 

He smiled, loosening his grasp and allowing her to move on her own.  “The sun is freeing, is it not?”

 

“Giles, please…”  She groaned as she picked up her pace as she rode him, pulling his hands up to her breasts.  “No…philosophy…now…”

 

His eyes darkened as his thumbs rubbed over her erect nipples.  She was right…this was not the time for philosophical banter.  His hands moved quickly, sliding to her back and pulling her to his chest as he rolled their bodies.

 

He smiled down at her as he knelt between her spread thighs, his hands around her wrists…pinning them to the mattress as he continued to thrust into her.

 

“My God, you’re beautiful…”  He whispered sincerely as she moaned his name. 

 

He lowered his chest to hers, capturing her mouth with his as she wrapped her legs around the backs of his thighs.  When he felt her inner walls tighten around him, he broke the kiss so that he could listen to her. 

 

He loved every second of making love with Buffy…but, his favourite moment had always been listening to her as he brought her to orgasm.  Sweat rolled down his back as he quickened his pace, shortening his strokes as his hips pounded against her.

 

She screamed his name, her juices flooding over his cock as she writhed beneath him.  He followed quickly, throwing his head back and groaning her name.  As he collapsed beside of her and gathered her into his arms, the air conditioning kicked on.

 

He pressed her palm to his chest and fought to catch his breath.  He was certain that he could wax poetic about how the daylight symbolized his love for her.  And he was certain that she would listen to every single word…and then she would sniffle and call him a sap…and then they’d have a rest, followed by breakfast, and…if he had his way…make love in the shower.

 

Instead, he turned his head towards her and kissed her forehead.

 

“I love you, Buffy.”  He whispered, gazing into her eyes.

 

Her eyes glistened.  “I love you too.”

 

He offered her a warm smile.  “Hungry, love?”

 

“Mm…maybe a rest first?  And then food.  And then…I need a shower.  You could join me if you want….”

 

His smile grew as he held her tightly against him.  Maybe he would have his way after all.

 

 

~ End

 

Return to Album Fic Index

 

Return to Fic Index