Title:  Long Day

Author:  Froxyn

Rating:  FRAO

Pairing:  Buffy/Giles

Timeline:  Sometime post-series, AU.

Synopsis:  Buffy and Giles, married with children, discuss his inability to throw things away.

Author’s Note: Album fic.  Song and lyrics can be found here.

 

 

Buffy narrowed her eyes as she noticed something on the second shelf of the bookcase.  She climbed out of bed, wrapping the sheet around her nude body...much to the dismay of Giles.

 

“Where are you going?”  He asked, pushing himself up and leaning against the headboard.  He ran his fingers through his thoroughly mussed hair and then tucked the blanket around his hips.

 

She plucked the envelope from its resting place and shook her head when she recognized her own handwriting.  She turned towards him and held the envelope up.

 

“Why do you still have this?”

 

He sighed softly and scratched the side of his neck.  “I couldn’t throw it away.”

 

She arched an eyebrow and then crawled back onto the bed next to him.  “You like to keep memories of our first fight?”

 

“It wasn’t our first fight, Buffy.”

 

She rolled her eyes and opened the envelope, sliding the letter out.  “Okay, Mr. Pedantic...our first fight as a couple.”

 

He smiled and shook his head, glancing at her chest when the sheet slipped a little.  “No, but that’s written proof of you admitting you were wrong.  And...did you really need to wrap the sheet around you?”

 

She snorted a laugh and tugged the sheet back into place.  “It wasn’t really an admission of wrongness...” 

 

“Third paragraph, second sentence.”  His eyes darted to her lips.  “Read it aloud for me...”

 

Buffy sighed and then did as he asked.  “I know it’s wrong to treat you like this, but...you’re the only person who’ll take my shit and still love me.”

 

His smile grew.  “Admission of ‘wrongness’, as you say.”

 

“Yeah, okay...point taken and all that.”  She folded the letter up and slid it back into the envelope.  “Why did you really keep this?”

 

“I keep everything, Buffy.”  He stated softly, taking the envelope from her and placing it on his bedside table. 

 

“You do?”

 

“Mm-hm.  Even the little post-it note with a heart drawn on it that you left on the mirror one morning.”

 

Buffy laughed, her eyes shining with love for him.  “Why?”

 

“Because I’m a sentimental fool.”  He whispered, a smile in his eyes as he tenderly caressed the side of her face. 

 

“I love you.”

 

Leaning into her, he kissed her softly.  “I love you too.”

 

“Did I ever thank you?”  She whispered, tracing the fresh scratches on his chest with her fingertip.

 

“For?”  He prompted, sliding back down to the mattress and bringing her with him.

 

“Not making me go away.”

 

He gently pulled the sheet away from her body and held her lovingly against his chest.  “I didn’t want you to go away.  It was an argument...nothing more.”

 

“There was a lot of screaming for it to be a simple argument.”  She huffed.

 

“I didn’t say it was a simple argument.”  He chuckled and rolled onto his side to face her.  “But it was just an argument.  There was nothing that happened that day that made me consider ending our relationship.”

 

“When I came back here...and you were gone...I was so scared that I’d completely screwed everything up.”

 

“That’s why I went to find you after I read the note.  You sounded so...”

 

“Stupid and childish?”  She offered, smiling as she met his eyes.

 

“Forlorn, I was going to say.”  He replied.  “It broke my heart to read that you thought you should go away...that you felt that you didn’t deserve to be happy and in love.  And I knew that if I could find you, I could try to make you see otherwise.”

 

“You always had hope for me.  Always.”  She whispered, sliding her hand along his bare thigh.

 

“Mm.  Even when you were throwing things at me...or screaming at me that you wanted nothing to do with your calling.”

 

She laughed and lightly scratched her nails along the back of his thigh.  “No you didn’t.  You thought the world was doomed.”

 

He licked his lips as he felt his cock begin to stir once more.  “Yes, well...I had hoped that I was wrong in that...”

 

“Were you?”  Her voice took on a throaty tone as she ran her nails over his hip, well aware of the reaction she was causing.

 

“Oh, yes...”  He replied, grazing his fingertip along the soft slope of her breast. 

 

“You know what I remember most about that argument?”  When he merely looked at her and silently requested for her to continue, she smiled.  “The best sex I’ve ever had...”

 

“Oh?”  He whispered in a gravelly voice, gently rolling her nipple between his fingers.

 

“Mm-hm.”  She murmured, running her finger along the underside of his now hard cock.  “And that was the night I decided that I wanted to give you everything.”

 

When he smiled, she raised an eyebrow.  “What’s the smile for?”

 

“That was the night that the last of my walls crumbled down.”  He pinched her nipple a bit harder, his eyes darkening as she moaned.  “I so love that sound.”

 

She trembled as he rolled her onto her back and slid his hand down her torso to her still damp curls.  When his fingers circled her clitoris, she moaned again...this time a bit louder.

 

A groan rumbled in his chest when her hand circled his erection, her thumb rubbing the head as she started to stroke him.  “Oh, Christ...Buffy...”

 

She grinned up at him, parting her legs further to give him more access.  “No kids tonight, Giles...”

 

He thrust into her hand as he pushed two fingers into her.  “Huh?”

 

Arching her hips against his hand, she tightened her grip on him and stroked him harder.  “No need to be quiet...the kids are with Willow, remember?”

 

He nodded slowly and licked his lips as he stared at her, removing his fingers from her warmth as he gently pulled his cock from her hand.  “Is that your way of saying you want to make me scream?”

 

“No.”  She shook her head, lifting her legs over his hips as he settled himself between her thighs and leaned over her.  “I want us to make each other scream...”

 

He grinned and kissed her as he pushed his erection into her wet core. 

 

They’d had a long day...mostly spent in each other, interspersed with a few breaks for rest and sustenance.  It looked like they were in for a long night as well...not that he was complaining.

 

Willow was bringing the boys back late the following afternoon.  They could always rest in the morning.

 

 

~ End

 

Return to Album Fic Index

 

Return to Fic Index