Title:  Reign of Love

Author:  Froxyn

Rating:  FRAO

Pairing:  Buffy/Giles

Timeline:  AU, set directly after Lovers in Japan

Synopsis:  Sometimes the right words are said at interesting times.

Author’s Note:  Album fic.  Song and lyrics can be found here.

 

 

Sometimes their lovemaking was frenzied.  Bodies thrusting against one another, hard and fast as they urged each other towards completion…fingers grasping for purchase on sweat-slick skin as the headboard rapped against the wall in rhythm with their movements.

 

Not tonight, though. 

 

It had started out that way…downstairs on the couch, fingernails leaving red welts in his skin as she rode him hard.  He had surprised her though, grabbing her hips and holding her still as he was somehow able to stand…his thick erection still buried inside of her.

 

And then he had brought her upstairs…to their bed.  He had smiled at her, shaking his head when she tried to resume her frantic thrusts against him.  She had started to protest, and then groaned passionately as he began to thrust slowly…and deeply.

 

He brushed her damp hair back from her face, gliding his lips along her jaw towards her lips.  “Christ, I love you, Buffy.”

 

He smiled as she murmured her love for him, her heels digging into the backs of his thighs.  He could feel her moisture surround his cock, could hear the soft wet slaps become wetter with each thrust.  He knew she was close to her first orgasm.  He also knew that he’d be able to ride this one out.

 

And so, he moved his lips to her ear…breathing hotly against her skin as he whispered to her.

 

“I’m your prisoner, you know…”  He groaned as her nails dug into his back.  “A willing captive to you…your love…”

 

“Giles…God, Giles…”

 

“That’s it, Buffy…let me feel you come…”  He whispered thickly, sliding his left hand between her back and the sheets.  “You’re so close….”

 

He was expecting her to scream as her orgasm broke free.  He was expecting her body to writhe beneath him, her legs to move around his waist, her nails to leave gouges in his skin.  He was expecting it…and relishing it as he felt her inner walls start to convulse around him.

 

“Fuck yes…”  He grunted, pushing harder against her but maintaining his slow pace.

 

What he wasn’t expecting was what she screamed as she came hard, flooding his cock with her hot fluids.

 

Though he wasn’t expecting it, his mind quickly processed her words.  His thrusts stopped nearly as quickly and he pushed his upper body up, staring down at her in shock.  Her eyes were wide as well, fear showing in her hazel depths as she realized that she had actually screamed her thoughts at him in the midst of a mind-blowing orgasm…one that was still rippling through her.

 

“Buffy?”  He panted, hovering above her…not moving, but still embedded within her. 

 

“Oh, God…”  She whispered, allowing her legs to fall to the mattress.  “I’m…I’m sorry…I…”

 

“Sorry?”  He swallowed nervously.  “You, uh…you don’t want to…um…I’m fairly certain that you…”

 

“Please, don’t.”  Her voice trembled as she closed her eyes.

 

“…asked me to marry you.”  He finished, placing a shaking hand on her cheek.  “Buffy?  Please look at me.”

 

She shook her head, not opening her eyes.  “I can’t believe that I just did that…God, Giles…I’m so sorry….”

 

“You don’t want to marry me?”  He replied on a pained whisper of his own.

 

The actual pain she could hear in his voice caused her to open her eyes.  “Giles?”

 

“I love you.”  His eyes glistened as he stared at her.  “Was it something…did you just say it…did you mean it?”

 

Her mouth dropped open.  “You…want to marry me?”

 

Giles swallowed, choosing his words carefully…and trying not to pay attention to the ripple of her inner muscles against his erection. 

 

“This…us…our love is….”  He licked his lips and took a deep breath.  “We’re in a reign of love…and it’s a reign that I willingly submitted myself to.  Buffy…”

 

He paused and regarded her momentarily before pulling away from her, closing his eyes as his erection slipped from her.  Her whimper of protest caused him to meet her gaze quickly.

 

“Just…just for a few minutes…”  He whispered, reaching over and pulling open the top drawer of his bedside table and rummaging around inside.

 

“Giles, what are – ”  She interrupted herself when he finally pulled a small box out of the drawer.  “Oh my God…”

 

He cleared his throat, pulling the sheet up over his softening cock as he met her eyes.  “You see, um…I’ve had this for…well, for a while now.”

 

“How long?”  She whispered, feeling her heart begin to race as he opened the lid to reveal what looked like an antique diamond ring.

 

“I’ve had this ring for nearly twenty years.  My grandmother gave it to me…it belonged to her grandmother.”  He exhaled slowly and plucked the ring out of the box with trembling fingers.  “I, uh…I knew I wanted you to have it after the first night we spent together.  Probably before then…but, I remember thinking when I woke the next morning that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.”

 

“You do?”  She asked, a tremor in her voice as she looked into his eyes.

 

“I do.”  He responded with certainty.  “So…if your earlier proposal still stands, I’d like to accept.”

 

A single tear rolled down her cheek as her smile returned.  He smiled back and lovingly slipped the ring onto her finger.  She studied the ring, turning her hand this way and that to examine the diamond.

 

“It’s beautiful.”

 

“Mm-hm.”  He murmured as he leaned into her for a kiss.

 

She stopped him with a question.

 

“Rain of love?  As in love raining down around us?”

 

He smiled, shaking his head as he pushed the sheet from their bodies again.  “Reign.  As in…our love rules us.  Makes us do things we wouldn’t normally do.”

 

“Such as?”  She asked, closing her eyes as his hand slipped between her still-sticky thighs.

 

“Oh, I don’t know.  Maybe screaming out ‘marry me’ in the throes of passion?”

 

“Asshole.”  She mumbled as he stroked her damp curls.

 

“Marry me, Buffy.”  He whispered with sudden emotion.

 

She opened her eyes and gave him a brilliant smile.  “Tell me what day to be at the church and I’ll be there waiting for you.”

 

He answered her smile with a bright one of his own as he moved to kneel between her thighs.  He’d give her the date later.  Now, he had other things to take care of.

 

He had a sudden desire to know what she’d scream next.

 

 

~ End

 

Return to Album Fic Index

 

Return to Fic Index